Stephanie Wettin, PA-C, ATC
Stephanie Wettin, PA-C, has the experience and credentials to treat a myriad of emergent and orthopedic conditions. As an EMT and firefighter for the Chugiak
Volunteer Fire Department from 2008 to 2011, she responded to a multitude of medical and fire emergencies. In 2008, she attended King University where
she played for the women’s soccer team while completing her bachelor's degree in athletic training. Upon returning to Alaska, she became the assistant
athletic trainer for the Alaska Aces professional hockey team from 2012 to 2017. With the Aces, she helped prevent, evaluate, treat and manage the
rehabilitation of athletic injuries. She simultaneously worked as an athletic trainer and medical assistant for a busy multi-doctor orthopedic clinic.
There she did everything from covering a variety of high school sports, caring for post-operative patients, and casting/splinting acute injuries.
Ms. Wettin joined the OPA team in 2013 and worked as an athletic trainer, casting technician and medical assistant while pursuing a degree in physician assistant studies. Upon graduation, she joined the ranks of physician assistant at OPA.
Born and raised in Alaska, Ms. Wettin spends her free time playing hockey, hunting, fishing, and enjoying all of the outdoor activities Alaska has to offer.
With her EMT, orthopedic and athletic training background, Ms. Wettin is a natural at evaluating and treating orthopedic sports injuries and helping active people regain their active lifestyles.
- Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (2018)
University of Washington School of Medicine / MEDEX Northwest, Seattle, WA
- Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training (2012)
King University, Bristol, TN
- Board Certified Physician Assistant
- Certified Athletic Trainer, BOC, 2012-Present
- Advanced Life Support, American Heart Association, 2017-Present
- Basic Life Support, CPR Pro for the Professional Rescuer, 2013-Present
- Emergency Medical Technician I, 2008-2012
- Basic Firefighter, 2010-2012
- American Academy of Physician Assistants, Member Since 2016
- Alaska Academy of Physician Assistants, Member Since 2016
- Professional Hockey Athletic Trainers Society, Member Since 2013
- Alaska Athletic Trainers Association, Member Since 2013
- National Athletic Trainers Association, Member Since 2009
To schedule an appointment or contact the care team directly, call: