Dann Laudermilch, MD
Dr. Dann Laudermilch is a fellowship-trained hand and upper extremity surgeon with a distinguished military career and many academic honors to his name. He graduated Summa Cum Laude with distinction in research from Cornell University. In graduate school at the University of Pittsburgh, he achieved top performance in pharmacology honors and was voted Outstanding Senior Resident in 2015 by faculty and co-residents.
Dr. Laudermilch was recruited by the U.S. Airforce’s Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in 2015 where he served as a staff surgeon in general orthopedics until pursuing his Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in 2019. There he did intensive training, including microvascular hand surgery, replant procedures and other issue affecting every joint from the shoulder to the fingertips.
Upon completion of his fellowship, OPA brought him on board to serve the needs of Alaskans with a wide variety of complex hand, elbow, arm and wrist conditions.
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Dept. of Orthopedic Surgery
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Cumulative GPA: 4.02 – Summa Cum Laude, Distinction in Research
HONORS & RECOGNITION
- Voted Outstanding Senior Resident 2015 by faculty and co-residents.
- Top performance in pharmacology, Graduate School Class of 2010.
- Keeton Prize winner for top performance in undergraduate biology.
- Academic Excellence Award – Top GPA in Animal Science (undergraduate).
- Merrill Scholar – Cornell 2006. Awarded for outstanding scholastic achievement, strong leadership ability and potential for contributing to society. Given to 1 percent of the graduating class.
- Medical Director JBER Orthopedics/Podiatry Flight, July 2017 to 2019.
- Officer in Charge, Mobile Field Surgical Team, Operation Garuda Shield 2017, Cibenda, Indonesia.
- Education Chief, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Dept of Orthopedic Surgery, 2015.
- Honor Council Representative for Class of 2010, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Volunteer for Global Links, collect and sort medical supplies which are donated for use in Third World nations, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Member of the Cornell Tradition, an organization based on scholarship, work, and community service.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) Fellow, 2018
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (ABOS), 2017
To schedule an appointment or contact the care team directly, call: