Kristen Musser, COTA
Kristen Musser is a certified occupational therapy assistant who has worked with Alaskan hand patients for many years. She’s also worked with people with complicated medical histories, including traumatic brain injuries and dementia, to help regain or retain their independence and function.
In 2020, she joined the OPA hand therapy team and focuses on implementing treatment plans for rehabilitation of upper extremities, including various conditions of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand. She has a very patient-centered approach to care and can utilize a wide variety of treatment modalities to best help her patients.
In addition to holding an occupational therapy assistant degree from Western New Mexico University, she has a Bachelor of Science in Anthropology from Iowa State University. Today she is constantly learning about the latest advancements and best practices, with many upper extremity courses and seminars under her belt, including Graston technique.
When not helping her patients or coordinating with their therapists or surgeon, Musser enjoys spending time with her family, playing the bagpipes, gardening, hunting, and cross-country skiing.
- Associate of Applied Science, Occupational Therapy Assistant (1999)
Western New Mexico University
Silver City, NM
- Bachelor of Science, Anthropology (1995)
Iowa State University
CERTIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Graston Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) Training
- Alaska Occupational Therapy Association (AKOTA), Member 2017 - current
- Alaska licensure 2003 - current
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT), 2000 - current
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – Certified through American Heart Association
- Southeast Therapeutic Riding program (S.T.R.I.D.E.), Volunteer 2008 - 2011
- Home Health Advisory Board Ketchikan, 2001 - 2002
- Southeast Agencies Working with Elders and Exceptional Disabled, Committee Member 2000 - 2002
- Extensive Continuing Education Coursework
To schedule an appointment or contact the care team directly, call: