Jessie Janowski, MD
Dr. Jessie Janowski is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic hand surgeon. She is passionate about treating patients — and offering them the latest in treatment options for conditions of the hand, wrist, arm and elbow.
Dr. Janowski attended Tufts University, where she played varsity basketball and rowed crew, earning an invitation to The Henley Regatta in the United Kingdom. She earned her Doctor of Medicine from the University of Vermont, where she also completed her residency, earning several awards and scholarships along the way. She went on to complete her Orthopedic Hand Fellowship in New York City at C.V. Starr Hand Surgery Center, in combination with New York University Division of Hand Surgery.
Prior to joining OPA in fall of 2018, Dr. Janowski practiced as an orthopedic hand surgeon at Alaska Native Medical Center.
She is also a published author and presenter of numerous scientific works and a volunteer on several committees dedicated to improvement of patient care. She is an avid backcountry and nordic skier, and has competed in ski mountaineering and mountain biking racing since 2001.
EDUCATION & MEDICAL TRAINING
- Fellowship, Hand Surgery
St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery
University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
- Doctor of Medicine
The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine
The University of Vermont Medical School, Burlington, VT
- Bachelor of Arts in Quantitative Economics
Tufts University, Boston, MA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
- Vermont Educational Opportunity Programs VEOP Achiever Award / 2012
- Dr. & Mrs. Nathaniel Gould Prize / 2010
- John W. and Nan P. Frymoyer scholarship / 2010
- Freeman Scholar / 2007
- H.A. Quimby Scholarship / 2006
- H.A. Quimby Scholarship / 2007
- H.A. Quimby Scholarship / 2009
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- J. Janowski. C. Coady. L. Catalano. Scaphoid Fractures: Nonunion and Malunion. J Hand Surg Am. 2016 Nov;4I(11): I087-1092
- J. Janowski. C. Coady. S. Glickel. L. Catalano. O. Barron, M.D. Incidence of Encountering the Palmar Cutaneous Branch of the Median Nerve During the Flexor Carpi Radialis Approach to the Distal Radius. New York Society for the Surgery of the Hand Research Meeting. May 2016.
- J. Janowski. Syndactyly: Scientific Review and Graft Choices. Grand Rounds Presentation 2016. Charles E. Seay, Jr. Hand Center at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases.
- J. Janowski. Distal Radius Fractures: Updates in Treatments. Grand Rounds Presentation 2016. St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital C.Y. Starr Hand Surgery
- J. Janowski. Operative vs. Non Operative Fracture Treatment in the Upper Extremity. Grand Rounds Presentation 2015.
- J. Janowski. J. Michelson. M Charlson. Morphology of the 1st Metatarsal Head in Relation to Development of Hallux Valgus and Hallux Rigidus. Grand Rounds Presentation 2014. Presentation at Annual Research Day University of Vermont. June 2015. Manuscript in submission.
- J. Janowski. Prevention of Surgical Site infections: Data vs Dogma. Grand Rounds Presentation. May 2013.
To schedule an appointment or contact the care team directly, call: