Andrea Frangiosa, PA-C
Prior to joining OPA, Ms. Frangiosa worked for five years in Community and Federally Qualified Clinics serving the medically underserved in Family Medicine,
initially in Northern California and then in Montana. During her career as a Physician Assistant she has provided treatment for acute and chronic medical
issues to a diverse patient population, with an emphasis in pediatrics while practicing in Montana.
Ms. Frangiosa earned her Physician Assistant degree from Oregon Health & Science University-School of Medicine, Portland, Oregon. During her clinical rotation in orthopedics, she performed joint injections (knee, trigger finger and shoulder), and splinting and casting application/removal. She provided first and second assist during surgeries including total shoulder and knee replacements, carpal tunnel release and arthroscopy of the knee. She also completed rotations in General Surgery and Cardiovascular Surgery.
Prior to her medical career, Ms. Frangiosa spent time in the Peace Corps in Bolivia in an isolated Spanish-speaking community where she educated people about beekeeping and demonstrated alternative energy production using local renewable resources. She speaks Spanish fluently and has subsequently completed intermediate level Canopy Medical Spanish. Ms. Frangiosa enjoys a variety of outdoor recreational activities including skiing, hiking, mountain biking, rafting and running and is excited about exploring the opportunity to pursue these interests in Alaska. When not exploring the great outdoors she enjoys cooking, gardening, and knitting.
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies (2013)
- Oregon Health & Science University-School of Medicine, Portland, Oregon
- Bachelor of Science in Earth Science-Geology (2003)
- Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana
- Awards: Top Senior in Geology 2003, C.C. Bradley Scholarship in Geology 2002
CERTIFICATION AND MEMBERSHIPS
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (2013)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (2013-Present)
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (2013-Present)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (2011-Present)
To schedule an appointment or contact the care team directly, call: