Nathan Fitzgerald, MPA, PA-C
Nate Fitzgerald, MPA, PA-C began his career in the United States Air Force. He received combat medicine training and served as staff sergeant and digital
network intelligence analyst for over eight years, including an eight-month tour in Iraq. Along the way, he earned an associates degree with the USAF.
After retiring from the military, he completed a bachelor's in molecular and cell biology from the University of Utah and earned a master's in physician
assistant studies, specializing in orthopedics, from Eastern Virginia Medical School.
Mr. Fitzgerald came north to Alaska in 2017 to work at an interventional pain clinic. There we helped patients navigate through complex chronic pain, performed joint, trigger point, and perineural injections, and gained additional experience in diagnosing and treating joint ailments.
Today, Mr. Fitzgerald brings his skill and experience to the OPA team in Wasilla. He typically encourages patients to start with conservative approaches such as physical therapy, exercise regimens, and healthy lifestyle choices. If surgery is indicated, Mr. Fitzgerald helps patients understand, prepare for (and recover from) the procedure. He works closely with the surgeon throughout the process, providing surgical first assist as needed.
Mr. Fitzgerald has helped many Alaskans get back to the great outdoors — and helped bring them back, too. In his spare time, he trains search and rescue dogs. He also enjoys kayak fishing, hunting and camping.
- Master of Science, Physician Assistant (2017)
Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Bachelor of Science, Molecular and Cell Biology; Chemistry Minor (2014)
University of Utah
Salt Lake City, UT
- Associate in Applied Science, Communications Applications Technology (2010)
Community College of the Air Force
Maxwell Air Force Base, AL
HONORS & AWARDS
- Student Leadership Committee, Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Dean’s List, University of Utah
- Member of the Golden Key Honour Society, University of Utah
- Two Air Force Commendation Medals, USAF
- Two Joint Service Achievement Medals, USAF
- Distinguished Graduate Award, USAF
- Academic Achievement Award, USAF
- 9th Air Force NCO of the Quarter Award, USAF
- Five NCO of the Quarter Awards, USAF
- Two Airman of the Quarter Awards, USAF
- NCCPA Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- AHA Heart Saver First Aid, CPR & AED Certification
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
To schedule an appointment or contact the care team directly, call: