Eugene Chang, MD
Dr. Eugene M. Chang is the only fellowship-trained foot and ankle surgeon in Alaska and one of just a handful of surgeons in the United States with experience in total ankle replacement surgery. He performs complex foot reconstruction, ligament and bone reconstruction, and arthroscopic evaluation of the ankle.
Dr. Chang has been part of the OPA team since 2003. Prior to joining OPA, Dr. Chang earned an ankle/foot surgery and sports medicine fellowship at the Institute for Bone and Joint Disorders and spent his residency at Loyola University Medical Center.
In 2006, Dr. Chang served as Chair of the Providence Department of Orthopedics. He is also an active member of the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons and the Anchorage Orthopedic Society.
- Ankle/Foot Surgery and Sports Medicine Fellowship (2002-2003)
Institute for Bone and Joint Disorders, Inc., Phoenix, Arizona
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency (1997-2002)
Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois
- Doctor of Medicine (1997)
Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology (1991)
Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Graduate (1988) East Anchorage High School, Anchorage, Alaska
- 2005 American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery 2
- 2002 ACLS Certification
- 2002 Depuy Agility Total Ankle System Certification
- 1997 ATLS Certification
- Anchorage Orthopedic Society
- American Association of Orthopedic Surgeon
- American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society
To schedule an appointment or contact the care team directly, call: