Brittany Lynn-Frances Bergens, MA, MEd, ATC
Brittany Bergens holds masters degrees in both exercise science and military psychology, and a bachelors in athletic training. She's been a certified athletic trainer since 2013, and has also served at health educator, health coach, physical therapy assistant.
She comes to OPA via the Army Wellness Center on Fort Benning in Columbus, Georgia. There she worked as a health educator serving active duty personnel, beneficiaries, retirees, and Department of the Army civilians. Duties included everything from body composition analysis and fitness testing to the creation of exercise prescriptions and biofeedback for stress management. She employed a variety of health coaching tools and techniques with every client to facilitate the development of goals, exercise prescriptions and behavioral changes.
As an athletic trainer, Bergens has experience at all levels of competition, including high school, collegiate, Olympic and pro.
When she's not helping local high school athletes out, she enjoys spending time outdoors with her two dogs and family, yoga, and running.
Masters of Arts, Military Psychology (2017)
Adler University, Chicago IL
- Fort Benning Doughboy Football
- National Hockey League, Anaheim Ducks
- Athletic Training Student Society
- Mount San Antonio College Relays
- Wounded Warrior Marine Corps Trials
- NFL PA College Bowl
- University California, Irvine Spring Sports Physicals
- 2011 Foundation Games
- Disneyland Half Marathon
- FWATA 2013 Student Exchange Track Outstanding Research Presentation Award: Original Research Category
- 04/13 Athletic Training Student of the Month
- 09/13 Athletic Training Student of the Month
- 05/12 Chapman University Athletic Training Education Scholarship, 2009-2013
- BOC Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC)
- K-Taping Sports Medicine/Basic Course
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Occupational Health and Safety Administration, Blood Borne Pathogens Training
- McKenzie Method® of Mechanical Diagnosis & Therapy (MDT), Parts A-D
- American Council on Exercise Health Coach