Alyssa Babcock, MS, ATC, PES
Alyssa Babcock is a certified athletic trainer with a special interest in exercise science and health promotion to help athletes perform better and stay injury-free along the way.
An avid student of athletic training, Ms. Babcock graduated with honors and a 3.997 GPA from Boise State University. In her clinical rotations there, she worked with the university's football, men's tennis and women's softball teams as well as with various high school teams in the area. In addition, she has helped cover major sporting events such as the 2012 MAACO Bowl Las Vegas (NCAA Division I College Football) and the 2012 NCAA Division I Track and Field National Championship.
Ms. Babcock holds a master's degree in exercise science and is a certified performance enhancement specialist. As a PES, she develops specialized strength programs to increase athletic performance and reduce injury risk by focusing on improving biomechanic and muscular weaknesses along with a better understanding of basic nutrition.
Originally from Palmer, she's happy to be sharing her athletic training skills and her passion for supporting youth right here in Alaska.
- National Athletic Trainer Certification (2013)
- Performance Enhancement Specialist Certification (2014)
- M.S., Exercise Science and Health Promotion, with emphasis in sport performance enhancement and injury prevention (2014)
California University of Pennsylvania, California, Pennsylvania
- B.S., Athletic Training, Top Ten Scholar (2013)
Boise State University (2010 - 2013), University of Alaska, Fairbanks, Alaska (2009 - 2010)
- First Aid & CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers (2011-Present)
American Red Cross
- Graduate (2009) Matanuska Christian School, Palmer, Alaska
- National Athletic Trainers Association
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Top Ten Scholar (GPA 3.997) for Class of 2013, Boise State University
- Dean's List, Highest Honors, Boise State Universit
- Winning Student Presentation, NWATA District 10 Conference (2013)
- Club President, Boise State's Student Athletic Trainers' Association (2012-2013)
- John W Jackson Kinesiology Scholarship Department of Kinesiology Scholarship
- BP Principal and Commission Scholarship Mat-Su Health Foundation Scholarship