Lynne Young, M.Ed., ATC, ITAT
Lynne Young is a certified athletic trainer with over 20 years experience and is an Impact Trained Athletic Trainer. She provides athletic training to numerous high school and other athletic programs, helps train professional ski patrollers at Alyeska and Hilltop ski areas, and gives injury prevention talks throughout the region. She's also a recognized leader in concussion education, prevention and recovery. Ms. Young earned both bachelor's and masters degrees in physical education and exercise science from the University of Southwestern Louisiana, where she later went on to serve as Assistant Athletic Trainer.
Ms. Young was also appointed Director of Sports Medicine & Head Athletic Trainer at Flour Bluff School District in Corpus Christi, Texas, and later Clinical Instructor/Coordinator at the University of North Florida.
Ms. Young joined OPA in 2008 and heads OPA's team of athletic trainers. Over the years, she has won several awards, including the 2016 National Athletic Trainer Association (NATA) "Outstanding Athletic Training Service Award."
- National Athletic Trainer Certification (1994)
- Master of Education (1994)
Secondary Education & Exercise Science University of Southwestern Louisiana Lafayette, Louisiana
- Bachelor of Science (1992)
Health & Physical Education, Sports Medicine, Adapted Physical Education University of Southwestern Louisiana Lafayette, Louisiana
- Member, National Athletic Trainers Association
- Sports Medicine Advisory Committee for Alaska School Activities Association
- Alaska Athletic Trainers Association
- 2016 NATA Outstanding Athletic Training Service Award
- 2014 Gold Pan Award, Distinguished Community Service
- 2013 ASD Star Award