Stephen R Poggi, PA-C
Mr. Poggi is a certified physician assistant with a focus on orthopedics. Prior to joining OPA, Stephen worked as a PA at the Anchorage Native Primary Care Center where he was responsible for providing coverage in a primary care environment.
He has over 24 years medical experience as a paramedic and EMS Battalion Chief with Anchorage Fire Department. He has extensive experience managing major medical incidents including cardiac arrests, multi-vehicle incidents and major traumas.
Mr. Poggi is highly skilled at communicating effectively with patients and families experiencing medical or traumatic events in highly stressful situations, and working with other providers to manage complex medical issues.
Mr. Poggi is a longtime Alaska resident and enjoys flyfishing, skiing, rafting, camping and hiking with his family. In 2015, Mr. Poggi earned his PA-C from the University of Washington MEDEX Northwest Program.
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Health Services (2015)
University of Washington MEDEX Northwest, Seattle, Washington
- Advanced Paramedic Training Program (1986)
Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting (1982)
Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Licensed Physician Assistan
- Licensed Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic
- AHA ACLS Provider
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support
- Health Care Provider (CPR)
- Alaska Academy of Physician Assistants
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Physician Assistants in Orthopedic Sugery NCCPA
- The John B. Coombs Leadership Award, University of Washington, MEDEX
To schedule an appointment or contact the care team directly, call: