Rick (Raymond) Farrell, PA-C
Mr. Farrell has 30 years experience as a physician assistant, with over 25 years experience in orthopedics including 17 years of military service as a physician assistant. He served in Desert Shield/Desert Storm in 1991 and was deployed to Balad, Iraq in 2006.
After leaving the US navy as a Corpsman, Mr. Farrell graduated from Kettering College of Medical Arts Physician Assistant Program with honors. He worked in an emergency room in Kansas and completed his Bachelor of Health Science in Physician Assistant, graduating Magna Cum Laude from Wichita State University. After five years specializing in total joint replacement for a large orthopedic group, he returned to active duty with the USAF where he completed a one-year Fellowship in Orthopedic Surgery at Wright-Patterson AFB. His military service includes assignments in England, Germany and the U.S.
Mr. Farrell relocated to Alaska in 2010 and now offers OPA patients a breadth of experience in sports medicine, trauma, joint replacement and general orthopedic care. He is also a private pilot and enjoys fishing and hunting.
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies (1997)
University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Physician Assistant Residency in Orthopedic Surgery (1993)
USAF Medical Center, Wright-Patterson, WPAFB, Ohio
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science, Physician Assistant, Magna Cum Laude (1984) Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas
- Associate of Science in Physician Assistant, Honors (1981)
Kettering College of Medical Arts, Kettering, Ohio
- Associate of Science, Magna Cum Laude (1980)
Tidewater Community College, Portsmouth, Virginia
- Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- AAPA Veteran's Caucus (Life Member)
- Physician Assistants in Orthopaedic Surgery (PAOS); Vice-president (1996-1998); Continuing Medical Education Coordinator (1994-1996)
To schedule an appointment or contact the care team directly, call: